HELP US BRING THEM HOME!

To make a tax deductible donation to our Adoption, please go to www.reecesrainbow.org/artem-for-the-priest-family-mt-washington-ky

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Getting Back in the Swing

How long can you go without writing on your blog... That was a test. A long time I think. The longer you stay away from it the harder it is to begin writing again. We have been overwhelmed with love and support in this short time Artem has been home. And Artem has already grown and changed so much, mostly for the better. We have been home seven weeks today from Ukraine. This time has been a crazy time of getting to know each other, doctor's appointments, play groups, development assessments, more paperwork, ohh and then just learning how to be parents. Artem has been quite the trooper through it all and continues to amaze us everyday. We have all gone back to work, so life has gotten a little busy, but Artem is doing great in his Mother's Day Out class and with his Grammy and Papaw, who he loves.
Last night he got a tissue out of the tissue box and started blowing his nose and laughing. He really is amazing and catches on to everything so quickly. The First Steps coordinator came to our house this week to do Artem's assessment, and he just amazed us one developmental toy after another. He may only be eligible for speech...
Today we made our first trip to the playground for a picnic and some sliding. Artem has no fear. He wants to go down all the slides, even the huge ones and he will do it himself.


We had some family pictures taken, which was fun. That was the first time we had done that with a 2 year old. But they turned out great. Its really hard for Artem to not look cute, so I knew they would.




11 comments:

  1. Oh My - These pictures are so Beautiful!!!! And the video of him sleeping is so sweet!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I can't get over that the little boy I saw on RR is now with a family. He took my breath away when I first saw him and now to see him in these beautiful pictures with his mom and dad-just priceless! You are so blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok... you are forgiven for not posting since you shared such AWESOME pics!!! You are such a beautiful family!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGoodness... Tears streaming down at the sight of that precious boy. So glad that he is home with you all. He is precious beyond words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, he is a treasure! What an adorable little boy, and so happy he's home with his mommy and daddy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that is awesome Laura!!! I LOVE the family pictures - you guys are beautiful!!! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the update! What a perfect way to start my day! I miss my little monkey... glad to see that army crawl is coming in handy :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. he is absolutely beautiful!!!!!!!! your pictures are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So happy for you. he is so handsome!!

    Nikki
    www.madebynikki.blogspot.com --> get a blog design to change the world!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi
    My name is Jenna and i came across your blog. Artem is so handsome, cute, and adoreble. He is an amazing, special and precious little boy. He is an inspirational hero. I was born with a rare life threatening disease, and I love it when people sign my guestbook. www.miraclechamp.webs.com

    ReplyDelete